Friday, July 27, 2012

Sacred Self

"I had come to believe that in many ways, Shades of Hope represented the real world: a place where truth is told, the Self is sacred, and I wanted to absorb as much of this reality as I could, ensconce myself in it so that I could have it firmly embedded in my consciousness before I went back to the distractions, the hyper marketplace, the love song codependency, damaging belief systems that can make up daily life in America." Ashley Judd. All that Is Bitter & Sweet

Coming back to Louisiana from my brief sojourn in the mountains has been hyper/real/distracting to say the least.  I had somewhat retrieved my Sacred Self by having 3 weeks of almost total silence and art making.  Of course ending the day with a baseball game, my pacifier of choice.


Coming home I found my daughter in the same grief of loss as I have felt and sometime still do feel, in the above picture, holding on to myself because that is all that I had at that time.

I knew, as I now know, we are not alone, but doggone-it, it sometimes feels like it!

This "real" world can indeed be daunting, but family, friends, love and asking for help can sure make a difference.

Can you ask for what you need today?  If you will, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment