Friday, August 24, 2012

OUR SACRED SELVES

This week I have spent 24 hours plus drive time with my beloved eldest.  Some of the chatter from her side of the conversation I thought were repetitive.

Yesterday I mentioned that these thoughts were probably going over and over themselves inside of her head all day long.  She said,"I know Mom."  She had been journaling quite a bit lately about the book she is re-reading, on codependency.  I asked her to perhaps write these other thoughts down as well.  In my on-going, sometimes sporadic morning pages (as per Julia Cameron), when I write my rambling thoughts down, sometimes they won't come back to bite me later in the day.  She said she thought she could try that.

On awakening this morning, I realized that  the most successful journaling I do starts with writing down my questions followed by writing with my non-dominate hand for the "answers." 

Through the years I have written this dialogue with myself so often that my Higher Power and my higher self answer me so quickly that I don't even have to change hands.

I invite you to try this.


No comments:

Post a Comment