Thursday, March 7, 2013

BLUES MUSE

"The art muse waits for no one when the artist hears the call."
Angela Cartwright-Transparent Art



For some time now I have been gathering blue things in the hope of putting more blue into my art. I recently began to spread many hues, shades and objects of this luscious color across my art tables and painting many things blue, including faces. 

This morning I opened a book I purchased in 2007 on transparencies, published by Stampington and beginning with the above quote.

The timing is delicious.

In Angela's introduction to the artists in the book, she deems Sarah Fishburn as "the Queen of transparencies"! A few summers ago I had the privilege of meeting Sarah, a friend of Jean McBride's, who is the mom-in-law of my daughter Wendy and a prolific artist, photographer, and writer herself. Pant, pant.

We picked up fun salads at the deli and convened over Sarah's kitchen table, as she was too busy doing art to go out to eat!  That was my first BIG lesson in being an artist. Stay home and do it!!
These two beautiful women, long time dear friends, were so much fun.  I left with a signed copy of one of the books Sarah had published and much hope for my artist future.

This morning the art muse struck again!  Things are humming along in my studio and due to their publications and creative influence, I am side be side with my own life muses.  Jean mcBride publishes her blog, Two Old Horses and Me, that I have forwarded to you from time to time.

I shall continue to create my own version of personal muses, which may turn out to be angels, fairies, divas, dames, goddesses and or many other manifestations.



I wish you art.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment