Thursday, October 31, 2013

TAKE GOOD CARE

"That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change.  But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent." Chinese proverb-

After weeks of computer tampering and pampering, I am finally back on line.

As I read the above quote in one of my daily 12 step books, Courage to Change, I was absolutely taken aback.  The image of birds nesting in my hair is not a pleasant one, to say the least.  I have however allowed similar nests, by my insecurities, angers and shame, affect my daily thought processes and rob me of energy, creative and otherwise.

My 12 step program again reminds me that I am not alone.  "I can grab hold of my Higher Power's hand, face my fears," (and tears) "and move through them." 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment