Tuesday, March 4, 2014

GRACE & GRATITUDE

"As we cling to our conscious optimism, finding footholds of faith despite opposition, our lives become rooted in the soil of grace."
BLESSINGS -Julia Cameron


For our frostiest winter in my memory, I am happy just looking outside at crystalline branches.  Fortunately I have a stock of good books nearby.


I am presently reading DUST one of Patricia Cornwell's latest.  Kay Scarpetta brings back to me the artful words of James Lee Burke that kept me entranced from the first book to his latest.


Cornwell wraps her poetic words around my body and comforts me like none in the "real" world can manage.  Thank God.  That kind of intense life would be exhausting. 


Yet here in the warm confines of my bedclothes, with frost edging the windows as if it were Christmas morning, I can relax into the writing of yet another genius who shares herself with the world.


I am grateful.
I am butterfly woman.


"If I let you, you'll knock the color off my wings.  I'll be a trophy you no longer want.  Be my friend.  Why isn't that enough?" Kay Scarpetta--


Namaste-

No comments:

Post a Comment