Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MUSIC

"As for the future, your task is not to foresee, but to enable it."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery


The excavation of my studio and writing corner continues, and today I found this small book given to me in August of 1995 by my eldest daughter.  In it I found words and feelings about music I had written while listening to a Barbra Streisand concert.

"...about the magic in the music....it feels like we never said goodbye."
I found out that life could be loving and gentle and I can enlarge the circle of love around me, little by little, until it encompasses the whole world.


"Don't rain on my parade." From Funny Girl
Old patterns keep me soaking wet! As a result of my upbringing, being raised by two alcoholics, my needs always came last.  From my mother's side I got artistic ability, and from my father's side I got a keen mind and sense of direction.  Yet the dysfunctional selfishness of the two of them kept me in a vacuum.

Not until I was grown with adult children of my own did I find Jungian dream analysis and 12 step support groups that helped me find my own voice.

Music and especially lyrics are important to me. They can take me out of myself and into the world.

Music memories:

"Cats fit on the window sill, children fit in the snow, why is it that I don't fit in any where I go?"

"What would I do with out my music?"

What music resonates with you?

Thanks my Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment