Thursday, May 31, 2012

On worthiness:"Because the mighty and the strong don’t hold women in high regard, we feel that we’re not worthy of being held in high regard. So we miss one of the greatest steps a woman can take, which is the chance to be on her own side; to be her own health advocate. You really have to believe you’re worthy. That is the first step."
Maya Angelou on O

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/blogs/Greens-For-Breakfast-Maya-Angelou-Talks-About-Womens-Health#ixzz1wSIkSOWD

Again, Maya Angelou's words have touched my heart in a placed I hadn't yet found.  I "know" I must take care of me first and sometimes knowing this I do better.  But it is hard for me, a woman, a mother, to not tell the "yous" in my life what I think you should do.  I want to fix you when I can barely fix myself.

For today I shall try to take care of me, one hour, one day at a time.  And then all I have to do is LOVE you.  And I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment