Thursday, September 27, 2012

OUR SACRED SELVES-home



               Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.
                                                                                                    Rainer Maria Rilke


At present, I am working on a series of goddesses/divas/angels/guides.  My studio is humming and the progress is slow, but wonderful.  I am reading a very frayed copy of 365 GODDESS, a daily guide to the magic and inspiration of the goddess, by Patricia Telesco.

Recently, my first "baby girl" and her tiny dog Fuji moved into my home for a healing transition.  We are co-existing happily I believe. This led me to the index, looking up goddesses that are keepers of the home.

I found Vesta, whose theme is home, love, fertility and peace.  In Roman mythology, Vesta "commands the sacred fires of the hearth, the heart of spiritual and emotional stability in you home."

This writing suggests breaking small bits of bread and spreading them outside so that birds can carry our wishes of harmony across the earth.  I can do that. I shall also light a white candle to lighten my darker places, both inside and out.

Will you join me, love?

No comments:

Post a Comment