Tuesday, September 4, 2012

OUR SACRED SELVES-We Deserve

I believe giving is different from serving. 

Serve- 1."to labor as a servant" Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, copyright 1956 (!)

In  my daily reading form Hope for Today, an Al-Anon publication, I read,"I chose to ignore my natural feelings of self-love and self worth because they didn't stop my parents from drinking or from criticizing me."

For so long this was true of me. I did not feel love and I did not truly know how to love. Now my family and friends help me to see the me I want to be.  The me I now choose to be.  I am mother, wife, artist, friend.

My co-dependent self does things for other people that I think they need. I try to fix, I serve others needs and I often disliked them and me when I am not successful.  I have no energy left to think positively.

My healing self sets boundaries and takes care of me first.  When I don't, there's not enough left of ME left to give.  When I do, my energy is boundless and my love is profound and meaningful.  I give from my heart's heart.

I DE-SERVE.  We deserve.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for your beautiful healing self. It inspires me to be more like my wonderful gypsy mother! Love you to the depths of my soul.

    ReplyDelete