Friday, September 28, 2012

OUR SACRED SELVES-home


                                                                      


Home is where one starts from.
T.S. Eliot


More goddess wisdom.

Niskai is a water goddess that is celebrated on September 29th by the peoples of Western Europe. The themes she is noted for: cycles, time, luck, home and success.  She has "a threefold nature, exemplifying the full movement of time's wheel from birth and maturity to death and rebirth."
{365 GODDESS-Patricia Telsco}
The people in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales celebrate Quarter Days, to celebrate respect for each season. 

Of course the word rebirth caught my eye and imagination for I, and the loved ones closest to me, are working diligently and looking unceasingly for the well of light and love, that we can receive if we set the intention,  We must ask.

As human beings, we, especially women, have trouble asking for ourselves.  Oh, sure, we can wish special things for our children, ask for our family members to change, and so on.  But the 12 step maxim of fixing myself, whew, what an seemingly impossible task!

"What's wrong with me?" we ask.  We ask this silently of course, because if asked out loud we might  get an answer!

My recent return to the loving arms of my fellow addicts has shown me a room full of beautiful, caring, and best of all, RECOVERING women, who are there for me whenever I am brave enough to ask.

Today, in this season of fall blessings, I ask for myself, open-mindedness, love of myself and others and God's healing light. 

Nameste.

No comments:

Post a Comment