Monday, February 11, 2013

FOLLOWING SPIRIT

I am still working on a series of Mind, Body, Spirit art,  and this morning I am taking care of my body.



As I lay here listening to the gentle rain falling outside my open door, I got a bit chilled and wrapped a crocheted throw around my shoulders. Just that action made me recall my mother speaking of  bed jackets.  Although they seem obsolete now days, it must have been nice for the Victorian lady, sitting in bed and healing from childbirth or illness. I believe one of it's main purposes was modesty.

I remember once reading the instructions my mother was given after my birth: "On the second day you may hang your feet off the side of the bed!"  Oh my darlings, what are we missing?

This sketch is what I vaguely remember them looking like.  Sort of like a little lacy blouse made of soft batiste, similar to gowns today, but short.

Humm, we have come a long way, babies!

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment