Friday, February 8, 2013

HEARTS

"To find love, you must first find it in yourself.  Then the whole universe will mirror it back." Journey to the Heart-Melody Beattie



When I began studying The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, I was entranced at her description of our believing mirrors, as the friends who mirror back our creativity and our light. 

At the time I was blessed to be in a group of Colorado artist friends, who shared these powerful words.  We met once a week, on Mondays, because they were good enough to choose art instead of one's usual Monday tasks, and that was my only day off.

We met for three summers and grew closer and wiser than we could have ever been, studying those beautiful words alone.

Together we found mountain streams to sit beside, Ponderosa pines to smell, and understanding beyond all I had ever found before.  We made spirit dolls and created Yaya masks. We proclaimed ourselves goddesses. We laughed, we danced and we loved.

Today I can open my Artist's Way book on almost any page and find wise words written in the margins, words that we were able to share with each other and our own hearts.

The above art is by Marie Miller.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment