Tuesday, February 25, 2014

FEBRUARY DREAMING

"Spirit's first love offering to each of us was the breath of life."
Sarah Ban Breathnach-Romancing the Ordinary


To me dreaming and breathing are very similar.  I do it and often I don't notice that I am doing it.


I have to ask my inner self to help me to remember my dreams.  I have to record them upon rising or usually I forget them.  Sometimes I write down fragments of dreams in the  middle of the night and wake up surprised to see my scribble in the morning.  Often I use dream dictionaries to help me to interpret certain words.  Sometimes I just focus on what the words really mean to me and I get surprising awakenings.  I find that journaling about dreams helps me to navigate things that are going on in my life.


Breathing for me is similar.  I have to consciously ask myself to breathe  deeply.  this means stop and think about my breath.  Notice.  Pay attention.  Breathe.  When I look back on most of my life, it seems I was constantly holding my breath, waiting for the next shoe to fall.


The place I choose to be in today is to move slowly through life asking for what I need and accepting myself as doing and being what I am "supposed" to do and be.  By my own standards.  On my own terms.  And I am grateful.


Namaste-

No comments:

Post a Comment