Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SURRENDER

This morning I read SHARECARE, an email that comes in from time to time and I often erase without reading.  Today I was moved to read it.  It basically says that our jobs, homes, etc are not really what bring us joy-but the little things that keep our mind and our hands busy.

Looking back, this has saved me in times of confusion and often even despair.  In the early eighties, when my marriage was breaking up, an opportunity came along to coach girls softball.  I found such happiness being outdoors with all that positive female energy!

Not long after, I went back to college to finish my art degree.  It was often so exhausting that I had to set an alarm at 3 am, to study for exams and then go back to sleep for a bit.  I had fun, busy kiddoes to take care of, a job as an interior designer, but it worked and in hind sight, it kept me sane.  Almost!

Even my many summers with the park service put me in a glorious place to play in my time off.  Trails to walk, mountains to explore, estate sales to attend with dear friends.

I see clearly that my mind, my hands and my heart must be engaged to be fully and joyfully me.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment