Tuesday, July 2, 2013

INSPIRATION PORTALS

I will be having a show of my artwork on August 10th of this year.  Nothing inspires me like having a space to fill with new work.

I went to the gallery last week and took pictures of my work that is hanging now at Louisiana Crafts Guild.  Trying to live in the moment, sometimes I forget what I have done last week or last year.


 
I am always amazed at work that I have "let go" of to hang in public spaces.  It makes my soul feel empty and full at the same time. I still find it a bit hard to take all these feelings I have inside, and put them into my art which is then out there, where others can see them. 
 
I am amazed as well with the amount of art I have made and continue to make.  It reminds me of an affirmation I read long ago, in The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, and have written in my studio to see every day, "Great Creator, I will take care of the quantity if you will take care of the quality." Thanks.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment