Monday, January 20, 2014

JANUARY AWAKENINGS

Last year we were gifted a most remarkable book.  I have tried to refrain from using quotes from it but this is too beautiful not to share.


"....that slowness remembers and hurry forgets;  that softness remembers and hardness forgets;  that surrender remembers and fear forgets."
Mark Nepo from The Book of Awakening


This past year I discovered that both my husband and my pets are helping me to slow down.  He decidedly walks slowly and thoughtfully.  When I am behind him trying to get somewhere in a hurry, I do go  more slowly. And both our cat and our dog always seem to be in the path I have chosen to walk.


I now recall that my resolution for 2013 was to learn to slow down.  And I did pretty well.  Consequently, I have not sprained an ankle or bumped a shinbone.  I have also given up my beloved 25 year old Birkenstocks with the shiny, slippery soles!


I am now trying to make a new resolution and it's a bit scary, because I am pretty sure I will get what I ask for!


Namaste-









No comments:

Post a Comment