Saturday, January 5, 2013

OUR SACRED SELVES

"But if you have a sacred space and use it, take advantage of it, something will happen."
Joseph Campbell-The Power of Myth

I enjoy so much sharing with you the books that I am reading.  In hopes that this blog doesn't become just a book review,  I offer: ( since my inserting a picture capability is compromised I will hope to do so later. For now I will write before I "lose" my words.)

Life's Companion, Journal writing as a Spiritual Quest, by Christina Baldwin.  I found and began this book in the early nineties, before learning about The Artist's Way, Julia Cameron's book that changed my life.  At that time I began doing daily journaling, weekly artist's dates and many other goodies.

I had forgotten about the Baldwin book, and as you can see (eventually!) by it's tattered cover and well worn pages, I gave this book a work out, or it gave me one!

Yesterday I was guided to teach another art class, here in my studio. It will be an amalgamation of
art-making, journaling and play.  And yes that includes dancing! I am very surprised at myself for coming to this decision. I thought I needed at least another year of being a hermit! I am going to send the invitations, soon, before I chicken out.

Today I will reexamine other wonders in my life.  Will you?

I believe wonder is truly life's miracle.

"Wonder is essential to the quest because it gives us the courage to be curious."
Cristina Baldwin

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment