Tuesday, April 10, 2012

SACRED BLESSINGS

"...we all belong to two families: our family of choice and our family of origin." Ashly Judd

I have long been a fan of anything "Judd." After seeing Ashley on a tv interview about her new book, I put it on my un-written-down reading list and promptly forgot it.

Yesterday, while waiting for my chair aerobics class (yes you heard right=thank you Aunt Kakie), I found a cabinet with books to borrow and right on top was All That Is Bitter & Sweet, Ashley's book.  I began it last night and do indeed love her and it.  I am also enjoying her tv series, Missing.

Today, Papa and I cleaned the yard and courtyard and mowed the grass.  I couldn't help thinking, "I wish it had looked like this when we had our Easter crawfish boil."  Well really! Our house and yard looked just as it was supposed to look, filled with members of our family of origin and also our families of choice!

It's been a long time coming but I think I'm catching on.

No comments:

Post a Comment