Friday, April 20, 2012

TIME IN A BOTTLE

Since my watercolor class of a few weeks ago, I am attempting to draw more.  Especially faces at which I SUCK (sorry).

So of course, in keeping with The Secret and other things I have been given/reminded of lately, that the right thing always shows up when we need it, if we are ready to recieve, I must recieve.  I must have been WAY ready because my drawing textbook from Elmore Morgan's class just unearthed inself from somewhere in my piles of stuff!

My time in a bottle that just resufaced, remembers grueling hours sitting on a wooden bench, no back to lean on, and endless criricisms and little praise.


Perhaps the quote that really awakened me, this morning, from the forward of The Natural Way to Draw, by KIMON NICOLIDES, may resonate with you too.  "There is no such thing as getting more than you put into anything."

ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment